Monday, January 12, 2009 A time for changing

With 2009 came a lot of new things, new server, new people, new guild new beginnings and a new world.

In December back on Maelstrom Khaeli and I started to feel the pinch again - It was EQ2 Anomaly all over again! Meaning...there was a guild of people that waited for me to log in to do anything. I was running this group of people through a heroic, was getting requested to go tank for a group quest while the mid 70s wanted me to PL them through the regular dungeons.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Basically, the above is how I got burnt out in EQ2. It was getting bad on Maelstrom...had some guildies that were 80 two plus weeks before Khaeli and I dinged and they waited to do their first heroic with us. But I held on through it, decided to tough it out and it would get better after time. Well, it didn't get better - it got worse. As the DPS around us geared up (Khaeli being the Healer, me the tank) they were gearing up for the wrong stats. Had a rogue with less then 150 hit but 3k AP and was stacking Armor Pen. Oye - Then had a Moonkin who had no idea how to spec himself and was doing less then 1k DPS on some encounters (how is that EVEN possible at 80?).

So what was the straw that broke the camels back?

One weekend Khaeli and I were out running quests and dungeon runs when we were ganked 21 times in a 3 hour peroid by 5+ Horde. I remember at one stone there were 18 Horde...no they weren't doing a dungeon, they were just gathering around a stone to kill any Alliance who were trying to get into a Dungeon...good times eh?

So, welcome 2009 and welcome new PVE server! A lot more changes have happened as well, but that was the major one. I am really excited to carve a place for myself in the new server as a DPS DW DK. And I'm really excited that I'm no longer a tank and have to shoulder the burden of doing everything for everyone else.