Sunday, November 16, 2008 The Path of a Deathknight


So here he is, our Lord and Master the Lich King. He is what all Deathknights aspire to be and he is a sight that everyone should see. After experiencing the starter quest for DK's and being in awe the entire time, I must put out a "bravo" to the blizz team. The quests...all of them were simply amazing and everyone should make a Deathknight just to run through them, run through the lore...you won't regret it.

So this blog post is a big behind because I've been so captured by playing my new class. But I did want to share some screenshots I took while I was learning how to be a DK.

To the left is a picture of the Lich King's sword, an amazing blade that I imediatly wanted. I mean look at that thing! My obession could be in part due to my unhealthy love for anything glowy....ooooh! glowy!

Anyways! I was eager to explore the Ebon Hold and see how I could get a blade that looked like the one the Lich King held.

The first quest I had as a Deathknight was to create my own blade. I was eager with anticipation that it would turn out like the Lich King's sword, but to my disappointment it wasn't. It was however very satisfying to make my first weapon of death and distruction. It was even more satisfying to Runeforge my first blade.

I only had two options for my first Runeforge, either Rune of Cinderglacier (Affixes your rune weapon with a rune that has a chance to increase the damage by 20% for your next 2 attacks that deal Frost or Shadow damage. Modifying your rune weapon requires a Rune Forge in Ebon Hold.) or Rune of Razorice (Affixes your rune weapon with a rune that causes 2% extra weapon damage as Frost damage and has a chance to increase Frost vulnerability. Modifying your rune weapon requires a Rune Forge in Ebon Hold. ). Being a Frost DK I of course took the Rune of Razorice and I still use it today. I find that the Frost Vunerability along with my Frost Fever makes my Howling Blast and Obliterate hit like a mack truck! Granted these are non-elites but any even con mob I can take down to less then quarter health with that combo. I would imagine that there is a much better combination to be using, but right now I'm not going to min/max my rotation until I get a firm understanding of all my abilities and how to use them in a given situation.

So here I am, a hot Night Elf Deathknight with a Runeblade that is Runeforged looking for a good time! One of my next quests was to go kill one of the weaker beings that couldn't make it as a Knight of Death. There were failed Deathknight of every race to choose from to fight. But the minute I saw the Tauren I had flash backs of Tauren Druid's camping and humping my Hunter's corpse. So like Khaeli has a Paladin complex...mine is Tauren, so the damn thing HAD to die! I let him get the first swing, being the good sportsman that I am, he failed to hit me of course...my lightening reflexes taking charge here and he soon fell to my blade.

After easily defeating the failed Tauren Deathknight I was looking for other challenges, I mean...ones that were actually a challenge for me and my blade. It was obvious why the Tauren couldn't make it as a Deathknight...the damn thing couldn't wield a blade if his life depended on it - and ironically, it did.

From there I was sent on a courier service of quests and soon found myself on the battlefront. It was exciting, the sounds of battle coming from every way. Looking off into the distance I could see Knights of both sides falling, and citizens running in terror as the armies of the Lich King cut them down. However, those pictures and images are for my next posting as I hate to make things too long.

Until next time!