Thursday, January 29, 2009 Pure DPS or Utility?

Deathknights are classified as a hybrid class so I've been going back and forth which way to spec - 2H Blood for raid utility or DW for pure DPS.

I did try Blood...LOVED the rotation as it was just so smooth. I however don't have a good 2H weapon so saw sub-par DPS. Granted I was in the top 7 for DPS on boss encounters and we one shotted all the bosses we attempted in Naxx 25 including Saph and Khel. That's what really matters right?

I went back to my DW spec last night and rocked the meters. I can get to top 3 as DW with my current weapons and when I actually get upgrades who knows. However I just learned that my guild's DK Class leader is going to start raiding and he is going to be The Unholy Deathknight in the raid. So where does that leave me?

I suppose I can just spec out of Crypt Fever and Unholy Aura and spend those 3 points elsewhere, or I can go back to 2H DPS (I did pick up the 2H Axe from Heroic HoL last night) or I can play around with a tri-spec for DW.

Short Answer: I have no idea what I'm going to do.

I love perma ghoul
I dislike having to micro-manage HB
I love the feel of the Blood Rotation
I love the feel of dual wield

I guess I'd feel a lot better about going back to Blood if my guild recognized support classes...it's all about the meters and who's topping them.